Little Brother
The men who follow Marcus into the restaurant who claim to be cops don’t seem like cops to me. Cops are nice but strict at the same time and they arrest people endless they have evidence of them committing the crime they are said to have committed. I know that cops are nice and they listen to each side. Of the story all the time. My grandfather is a cop and a bunch of my relatives and friends are too. Marcus's mom is a tough lady. I like her. He didn't like how the cops were questioning her son and I thought she did a good job at holding them at bay and not letting them do whatever they wanted to Marcus and his things. His dad however, sided with the police but he wasn’t there to actually say anything to the cops. I don’t really like his dad too much. I'd believe my kid no matter what, but I'd also get both stories to see the difference and then figure out what to do. I wouldn't automatically believe someone if they told me something. I'd need proof to be sure if it’s true or not. Besides liking Marcus's mom, I like Van too. She gives important insight to Marcus. All he thinks about is bringing the government down and freeing Daryll, but Van thinks about the people. She doesn't care about herself at all, only the people around her and the people she cares about. I think more people should have that quality because it’s an important one. No one should be self absorbed. Marcus is lucky to know her and have her on his side because he usually forgets when he does something what'll happen to the people it'll affect.
The men who follow Marcus into the restaurant who claim to be cops don’t seem like cops to me. Cops are nice but strict at the same time and they arrest people endless they have evidence of them committing the crime they are said to have committed. I know that cops are nice and they listen to each side. Of the story all the time. My grandfather is a cop and a bunch of my relatives and friends are too. Marcus's mom is a tough lady. I like her. He didn't like how the cops were questioning her son and I thought she did a good job at holding them at bay and not letting them do whatever they wanted to Marcus and his things. His dad however, sided with the police but he wasn’t there to actually say anything to the cops. I don’t really like his dad too much. I'd believe my kid no matter what, but I'd also get both stories to see the difference and then figure out what to do. I wouldn't automatically believe someone if they told me something. I'd need proof to be sure if it’s true or not. Besides liking Marcus's mom, I like Van too. She gives important insight to Marcus. All he thinks about is bringing the government down and freeing Daryll, but Van thinks about the people. She doesn't care about herself at all, only the people around her and the people she cares about. I think more people should have that quality because it’s an important one. No one should be self absorbed. Marcus is lucky to know her and have her on his side because he usually forgets when he does something what'll happen to the people it'll affect.
Main Characters
Ever notice how the main characters of a book are usually the ones who are destined to do some great deed? Some characters save the world; some find some kind of object, some do something heroic and etc. I believe that's because ever book needs something in it to make people want to read. Would you rather read something about a battle and adventure than something about an average day at school? I guess it really depends on what you like to read. I know for me, that I like reading something with lots of action so there's never anything boring in it. Ender's Game is a book like that. Something new is always happening. Not too fast to be confused, but enough that you can't get bored reading it. Little Brother is a book I consider to have action, but not enough. It certainly does have action, but it seems so close to our time and like it'll never happen that it just doesn't really interest me. I like to read about things that won't ever happen, or about things that do not exist because it gives you a change to think and imagine and dream. Books like that are what I consider to be the best.
I love how Marcus' mom makes the cops go away. . .If only the book had more characters like her
ReplyDelete