Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ender's Game chapters 3 + 4

This post will be all of Ender’s Game since my computer isn’t cooperating with me to open up the file for Little Brother

Ender’s Game
                Chapter 3 is very interesting. Colonel Gaff comes to tell Ender that he has passed and is accepted into the Battle School where he would train to become a commander. I don’t like the ways that Gaff used to make Ender want to come with him. He told Ender that his parents really didn’t love him and that he was just a burden to them. We don’t know if that was true or not, but every parent loves their child to some degree. Valentine is the one Ender would miss the most. Valentine is the only one who really cares for Ender very deeply. She loves him and he loves her. I think it’s sweet and nice of her. Peter hates Ender, so it seems reasonable for her to love him to balance out the love and hate in the book.
                In chapter 4, Ender is launched to the new school. Ender is very smart. We can tell because he notices the officers on the launch watching them and analyzing them. He also knew that running to the cameraman when he was getting onto the spaceship to say goodbye to Valentine would be a bad idea. He also knew some things about null gravity and that you can be in whatever direction you want to be in. There’s no such thing as up or down. Gaff made it clear to the other boys that he thought Ender was the best student out of all of them; so obviously, the other boys disliked him for it. They are secretly jealous of Ender. This school was a major thing for boys to go to back on Earth. They are the future of the Earth’s future. These boys will be trained to help save the earth and they were specially selected to be trained. Ender also has his moments when he hates himself. He hates to cause other people pain like the boy he flung over his seat who crashed into the wall and broke his arm. Ender doesn’t mean to hurt people and he feels as if he was Peter who caused pain to people on purpose. Ender was afraid of Peter and he was more afraid of turning into Peter himself.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're describing what happens, and I like your writing style, Sam! But I think it's a bit too much like a summary for Mr. Calvin's liking... -_-* Haha. I like how you explain about how and why Ender is afraid of Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what I thought too Maya, but you know me. I like to explain what's happening and then describe what i think is going on and such so that the reader knows what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete