Little Brother
I wonder what happens when you put a book in the microwave, like the actually book. Would the pages shrivel? I personally would never try; I love my books too much. I also don’t think it’s a good idea to put a book in the microwave, especially when they’re metal in it for the tracking device in it. Putting anything metal in a microwave is dangerous. The object inside could explode or the microwave itself could break. The explosion in chapter was somewhat of a surprise. I already knew something was going to happen, but from chapter 2, there is no indication of who did it, much less where.
In chapter 3, a mob happens. The mob in this chapter is one of the worst kinds of mobs you could have. People suffocate from lack of air and if you fall or trip to the ground, you’re most likely to be trampled to death. Mobs like this have happened though here in the U.S. and around the world. Many people have died from them and it’s sad to see that no one will stop and help those who fall. It also wasn’t nice that the police and ambulances didn’t stop when then saw Daryll bleeding to death on the side of the road with Marcus, Van, and the other guy. In real life, someone would have stopped and helped them. The treatment to Marcus and his friends when they were abducted wasn’t too great either. I didn’t know that the U.S. treated people like that and I’m not too sure if they do or not. I assume that they wouldn’t, but they could be some hatred and mistreatment.
Ender’s Game
This is when we are truly introduced to Peter. Peter is the exact opposite of Ender. He enjoys causing pain to other people, especially to Ender. Ender is a third, which means that he isn’t very important and is considered a burden to his family while Peter is a first so he’s more important. It’s like a hierarchy. Firsts are the rulers, seconds are the merchants and such (important people), and thirds and lower are the common people. Peter also likes to tell people that he’ll kill them one day. Valentine seems to be one of Ender’s only friends and she protects him from Peter. Peter doesn’t want to kill Valentine, but he doesn’t like her too much either. Near the end of chapter 2, Peter tells Ender that he is sorry and that he loves him. I believe that he was lying because he never liked Ender and he plots to kill him. I don’t think Ender believes him either.
Chapter 3 news will be in next blog post.
Sam,
ReplyDeleteI am only reading Ender's Game so I am not familiar with Little Brother, but the mob scene certainly sounds gruesome. Regarding the Ender's Game portion of your blog, I think you are very accurate in your description of Peter and Valentine. I also doubt that Peter truly loves Ender or even Valentine, for that matter. I, too, found it interesting that, in Ender's Game, your place on the "social ladder" is determined by what number child you are. I'm a Third. Your blog is great!